On Saturday, my 5 year old son and I participated in a 5K fun run. The Bubble Run is held at different locations throughout the United States. This is not a timed race so there is no competition. It is just for fun but you definitely get a workout especially when your child asks to be carried!!
So why would anyone want to participate in this run?
- It’s a good way to introduce and get your children excited about running.
- It’s a fun outdoor activity.
- It’s a fun family event.
- It gives you an excuse to let loose and act silly! (Seriously, I wore a tutu.)
What should I bring with me?
- If you have little ones that can’t walk the entire 3.2 miles, BRING A STROLLER!!
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Be aware that they will get stained from the colored bubbles.
- Goggles, sunglasses or any other type of eye protection.
- A water bottle.
- A small towel to wipe faces after going through each bubble station.
- A fanny pack or drawstring bag to carry your phone, keys, money, etc.
- Money for parking and to purchase snacks and Bubble Run merchandise.
- LOTS of energy!! Once you finish the race, there is an after party with MORE bubbles.
- A camera or your phone with plenty of memory to take pictures. Trust me you will want to take tons!
This was my second 5K and I must say that even though it was not a timed race, it was still a challenge. It took about 1 hour to complete the course (without shortcuts). My main reason for signing up for this race was to show my son that running can be fun. Mission accomplished!
Have you done a 5K with your kids? Did you like it? Was it a “fun run” or a serious race? Would you do it again? What advice would you give for participating in a race with your children?